Delhi High Court Legal Services committee has been constituted in High Court of Delhi called High Court Legal Services Committee under sectionSection 8A of the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987, High Court Legal Services Committee has been established to provide free and competent Legal Services to weaker sections of the society, to provide free and competent legal service to the weaker sections of the society to ensure that opportunities for securing justice are not denied to any citizen by reason of economic or other disabilities, and to organize Lok Adalats to secure that the operation of the legal system promotes justice on a basis of equal opportunity.
The following categories of the persons are entitled to the Legal Services :
- A member of a Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribes;
- A victim of trafficking in human beings or beggar;
- A woman or a child;
- A person with disability as such as suffering from blindness, leprosy, loco motor disability, hearing impairment, mental derangement;
- A victim of mass disaster, ethnic violence, caste atrocity, flood, drought, earthquake or industrial disaster;
- An undertrial in custody, including a juvenile, i.e., a person up to the age of 18 years in a protective home or a mentally ill person in a psychiatric hospital or psychiatric nursing home;
- A person with an annual income of less than Rupees Three Lac.
- Transgender with an annual income less than Rs. 4 Lac.
- Senior Citizens with an annual income less than Rs. 4 Lac.